How to use myletterbox
Last Updated:November 18 2006
MyLetterbox has been designed to help you control the mail you receive.
You are just 5 quick steps away from taking control of your letterbox.
Register with your email address and a password you can easily remember.
Your email address will not be passed to any third party unless you set this up as a preferred method of contact under the MyLetterbox Icon above.
- If you want to suppress all direct mail, press the “STOP DIRECT MAIL” icon and complete your name and address details. You will be asked to confirm that there is nothing you want to receive, i.e. from you favourite charities or in relation to your hobbies. If there are a few items you are interested in, then select these now. Then go to the “MYLETTERBOX” icon and tell us how you want to hear from these people. That’s all you have to do.
Alternatively follow the steps below to set up your letterbox exactly how you would like it. Remember this service can be used as often as you like, we recommend that you put “Myletterbox.co.uk” on your favourites and use it regularly to keep your mail relevant.
Next work through the Icons starting with MyDetails
We need your name and address as a minimum. We only require your telephone number/s if you want to be contacted by telephone for any of the interest groups or Items you want now. You can always fill this in later.
- The login details tab enables you to change your password if required.
- The optional details tab enables you to give us further information which will be helpful in enabling companies to refine any offers they send you on topics which you have indicated interest you.
3. Work your way through
The rest of the Icons let you set up your interests and hobbies, travel, charity preferences etc and to tell us what you do not want. You can also to request information on things you want now!
- We have made the site as easy and quick to use as possible. By default all the options are set to MAYBE. If you are not interested at all in receiving information on any of the topics in a particular section then click the "Set all to No" button and all options will be set to NO. Remember, there will almost certainly be some items which will interest you, don’t forget to set these items to YES
- The MAYBE column enables you to leave items selected at a lower level. For example following a natural disaster you may well donate to a relevant charity, but they would not perhaps be your favourite charity. In this case leave Disaster Recovery set to MAYBE and set to YES the type of your favourite charity. In the “My Opinion” section you can give your views on any relevant topics.
- The “Myinterests” Icon lets you set up any areas of regular interest which you like to keep abreast of.
- The “I want it now” Icon, is for items you wish to purchase now, for example, you may just have had you house insurance renewal and are concerned at the premium. Select the “I want it now” Icon and then the House Insurance tab and complete the details. You can also tell us here of any companies you would not want to hear from. Then go to the “Myletterbox” Icon, select the “I want it now tab” and let us know how you would like to be contacted. We will then pass your details on to suitable companies.
- The "MyCharities" Icon lets you set up any charities who you wish to hear from.
4. That's it! Don't forget to invite your friends
Simply register, explore the site, add your preferences and then don’t forget to refer the site to your friends. The more people who use this service, the more successful it will be and that will help both you and the environment. Myletterbox will be continually updated, so if you wish to see anything, please let us know.